Flame Retardant Paint
Price Not Available In Your Country, Please Contact Us
FRED flame retardant paint is a water-borne intumescent coating that, once dried, will stop or strongly retard the passage of fire through the substrate it is applied on. FRED flame has
inhibited the formation of toxic fumes generated by fires of insulation, plastics, etc.
Applied on concrete substrates, it reduces spalling and loss of structural integrity. FRED Flame is certified class A, S1, D0 FRED intumescent coating can be used on steel, wooden, mineral, and insulation substrates and is applied by airless spray, roller, or paintbrush.
FRED is used inside.
In case of external application, it should be coated with a fire retarding flexible coating such as Passive Purple External or Local building regulations need to be followed which is not the responsibility of the manufacturer of this product, namely Intelligent Membranes.
For more information and pricing regarding this product, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.Enquire Today
- Key Details
Why Choose A2 Flame Retardant Paint?
- Low to zero ignitability
- Low heat release
- High fre barrier capacities due to formation of raised charring and hence increase by 1000% when exposed to fire
- Dries quickly
- Can be used on most common construction materials such as concrete, steel and polyurethane foam
- No primer needed on most surfaces
- VOC/solvent free
On any porous or old substrates.
- Remove dust, loose parts and surface pollutants
- Apply on a closed surface; fill holes and joints with a fast setting cement based product
- Dry substrates shall be moistened prior to application
- Mix FRED product well before use with a drill mounted paddle mixer, do not add water or solvents
Surface and environment temperature during application and drying 5 – 30 degrees
- Apply FRED with an airless paint spray device, paint roller or paintbrush, in one or two layers at a consumption of 0,6 to 2kg/m2 depending requested fire resistance. Advised spray tips: 531 / 421
- The drying time of FRED varies between 4 to 24 hours in normal conditions.
- Clean tools with water
- Data Sheets & Certificates
All delivery charges are included in the price of the products and are dependent on the products selected for purchase. This charge is based on delivery to mainland UK, excluding the Scottish Highlands & the Islands where additional shipping charges will apply. For more information read our delivery policy in full.
Intelligent Membranes do not offer a next day delivery service.
Intelligent Membranes aim for deliveries to be with the customer within 1-2 working days.
Orders placed before 12pm will be dispatched the same day, any orders placed after 12pm will be dispatched the following working day
We, at Intelligent Membranes, would like you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase and our service. In the unfortunate event of any item being unsuitable or wrong, please read our returns policy in full.