Returns & Refunds
We, at Intelligent Membranes, would like you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase and our service. In the unfortunate event of any item being unsuitable or wrong, please read the following for advice on returning goods to us.
Unwanted And Exchange Items
Goods which prove unsuitable may be returned for a refund or exchange if they are returned to Intelligent Membranes within 14 days from receipt subject to the following conditions:
- Goods are returned unused (not fitted) and in perfect condition in its original packaging where appropriate.
- Goods returned after 14 days may be subject to a restocking charge of 35%. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- A copy of your receipt and a full covering letter with all returns is provided
- Proof of posting
- Postage costs. As most of the items we sell include the postage charge within the price, we reserve the right to deduct the cost of posting the item to you from any refund due. If we need to send out an exchange item there may be a further charge for redelivery.
Incorrect or damaged goods
On rare occasions of goods being wrongly supplied or damaged, please inform us by telephone or email no later than 7 days from receipt of goods for the best means of rectifying the problem and to ensure your rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 is maintained.
Failure to follow the Consumer Rights Act 2015 may result in any claim being rejected by us.
If you need to return an item due to the fault of Intelligent Membranes, we will of course cover your postage costs to the value of 1st class recorded delivery for small items or Royal Mail standard parcel service for larger items. Please note we are only able to refund postage for the services described, please do not use the Royal Mail special delivery service or a premium courier as we are not able to refund these costs. If you do use a premium service it is at your cost.
If goods are damaged you must confirm this in writing on the delivery note at the time of delivery. We do not accept damaged goods without doing this, evidence will be required to prove the damage was caused in transit
No claims for damaged goods will be accepted once You have signed for the order unless:
- The delivery note is countersigned as ‘damaged goods’ by You (or anyone signing and accepting the goods) at the time of delivery.
- You must alert the driver of the damage and Your intention to notify us
- Take photos as evidence to support Your claim
- Contact us immediately to inform us that the goods have been delivered damaged
- You must keep, and store in a safe place, the damaged goods – they will be required for inspection (once a claim is made the title of the goods passes to the insurer).
We may, at our discretion, accept or reject the cancellation of any contract or the return of any goods not required for credit or refund. Any cancellation or return shall be on such terms as we specify. In particular, we may charge you a handling fee, a re-stocking charge of 35% of the cost of the goods, plus any freight and may include additional costs incurred on cancelled orders.
Special orders, non-stock items, and items which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly and all natural insulation products will not be accepted for return.
You have a right to cancel your order, but this must be done in writing either by email, fax or letter. You should tell us exactly which products you would like to return, quoting the invoice number concerned. Cancellation by telephone cannot be accepted. Exclusions may apply.
Returns will only be accepted provided that:
- You have notified Intelligent Membranes in writing within 7 working days of receipt of goods
- Intelligent Membranes has agreed in writing to accept the return of the goods and the goods are returned at your cost within 14 days of the delivery date
- The goods are returned in the condition in which they were delivered and with all packaging material, brochures and instruction material in as new condition as is reasonably possible.
** Intelligent Membranes will not be liable for goods which have not been stored or used in a proper manner.
All monies which you paid to us for the returned goods, excluding the original cost of delivery to you, will be repaid to you within 30 days. Refunds are dependent on goods being returned by you fit for resale, undamaged and in original packaging to the specified stocking location.
We reserve the right to make a re-stocking charge for any good returned at our discretion.
This charge will be made after the goods have been returned in satisfactory condition for re-sale and will be applied before any refund. Re-stocking charges can vary but you will be advised in writing at the time of request.